Curriculum >> Key Stage 4 >> Mathematics
At Key Stage 4, pupils at
Mesaieed International School are placed into a teaching group based on their
cumulative performance at Key Stage 3.
The majority of our pupils are
expected to follow the Edexcel IGCSE Higher Mathematics (4MA0) syllabus which
allows access to the highest grades and provides opportunities for the
development of deep mathematical understanding and rigour.
Pupils who are not deemed
capable of coping with the demands of the higher course follow the same
syllabus at the Foundation level. This covers similar material, but at a less
demanding conceptual level.
It is important to remember
that both of the IGCSE courses offered are two year courses. The knowledge
gained in the first year of the course is consolidated and subsequently
extended as each pupil works through the final year towards the terminal
Foundation Tier *Component/paper code 4MA0/1F and 4MA0/2F
• Two papers: 1F and 2F. Each paper is 50% of the
total International GCSE
• Each paper is assessed through a 2 hour
examination set and marked by Pearson.
• Each paper will assess the full range of
targeted grades at Foundation Tier C-G.
• Each paper will have approximately equal marks
available for each of the targeted grades.
• A calculator may be used in the examinations
Higher Tier *Component/paper code 4MA0/3H and 4MA0/4H
• Two papers: 3H and 4H. Each paper is 50% of the total
• Each paper is assessed through a 2-hour examination set and
marked by Pearson.
• Each paper will assess the full range of targeted grades at
Higher Tier A*-D.
• Each paper will have approximately equal marks available for each
of the targeted grades.
• A calculator
may be used in the examinations
Maths Year 10 Download 2016
Maths Year 11 Download 2016