Curriculum >> Key Stage 4 >> Home Work
Key Stage 4 Homework
In KS4 a minimum equivalent of two hours homework will be set each day, although revision of taught material may also be necessary. A copy of the students’ timetable and homework timetable can be found in the Key Stage Four Handbook. This can also be found in the student’s diary. Every day homework is set for 2 or 3 subjects.
Students should write their homework in their diary during the lesson. This is then checked and signed by tutors and parents weekly.
In order to help your child to succeed academically it is important that the school establishes a strong working partnership with parents. Below are some ideas of what you can do to help your child succeed academically at Key Stage 4:
· Use and check the school diary.
· Help your child to organise their time and paperwork .
· Provide a quiet place for your child to study and check that homework is being completed.
· Help them to revise and plan for revision when exams are scheduled.
· Praise all their achievements and progress no matter how small.
· Ensure your child gets enough sleep.
· Monitor ICT usage/websites and time spent on PC’s.
· Take an interest in your child’s learning.